Especially designed to produce rolling slabs, busbars and ingots in single-strand casting mode.
Features & benefits:
- High flexibility
- Low mould costs, as only one mould is required
- Superior ingot straightness as material are almost floats during transport
- Low labour and handling costs due to the continuous process
- Low investment costs
- In-house scrap around 1-3%, depending on number and size of furnaces
- Low TCO (Total Costs of Ownership)
- Automated casting process control with complete data acquisition
- Ingot widths from 300 to 2.050 mm
- Ingot thicknesses from 200 to 500 mm
- Length of ingot 2.000 to 20.000 mm
- Casting performance 1.000 to 10.000 kg/h
- Small and medium-sized material can be produced in multi-strand mode at our standard horizontal casting machine.
"Aluminium" journal article: SuperSizeCaster